Google

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Application Error Possible Solution

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application.


I have a work Dell Laptop (Latitude d630) and was getting this error on a couple of programs, Mainly irfanView. The weird thing is the program worked when I installed it, but got the error every time I tried to open it again.

The Laptop is on a domain and the only possible solution I found to work was :

Right Click the File
Select "Run As"
Make sure you Have the Current User Selected
And also "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity"

I have found this was the only solution this problem, as I now need to look at Permissions on users. At least I can now get the program to actually load.

No comments: